Easter 2016. Ophiusa Yacht Race from Sitges to Formentera
Looking for a different way to spend your Easter holidays?
We’ve got the solution for you! If you feel sportive and adventurous, join us as a crew member for the mythical Ophiusa yacht race and enjoy the unforgettable experience of spending your holidays sailing and visiting Formentera. (Beginners are welcome.)
The race starts in Sitges on Thursday, March 24 heading for La Sabina on Formentera.
Price per person: 490€
- This price includes a welcome pack, the welcome dinner in Sitges, food and drink on board for the return journey and the dinner at the price-giving ceremony in Formentera.
- Maximum capacity 6 passengers.
This is the program:
- Wednesday, March 23 at 9.30 pm: Welcome-dinner at Port d’Aiguadolç in Sitges
- Thursday, March 24 at 10 am: Departure for the race
- Friday, March 25: Arrival on Formentera
- Saturday, March 26: During the day we can visit the island of Formentera.
The prize-giving ceremony – dinner party starts at 9 pm.
- Sunday, March 27: Departure for the return trip
- Monday, March 28: Arrival in Premiá de Mar
Note: This program can be subject to change due to weather conditions or any other reasons not within our control.
Carles Marcet, owner and skipper of the ‘Dennis’, is an expert sailor and He has also been the winner of several editions of the off-shore racing championship of Catalonia.
Speaks Spanish, Catalan, English and French
Sail boat ‘DENNIS’, Dufour 40, 12 metres long, built in 2004
‘DENNIS’ combines both an excellent performance under sail and a high level of comfort on board.
Capacity for 6 passengers and the skipper. The boat’s layout includes three cabins with double berths and a wardrobe, a big sofa in the salon to be converted in to an additional berth and a shower in the heads [i.e. toilet].
- Specifications: length 11,99 metres, beam 3,90 metres, draft 2,10 ,metres
- Sails: a roller furled head-sail, a main sail, an asymmetric spinnaker and a symmetric spinnaker.
- Fresh water tank for 300 litres
- Current: 220 Volt-sockets in the salon, galley and the cabins (they will only work when in port). 12 Volt-sockets (like the ones in the car) in the salon, galley and on deck (fed by the boat’s batteries).
- Inboard engine: Volvo 53 HP
- Electronic devices: auto-pilot, plotter on deck and below, log, depth-sounder, wind transducer, VHF radio
If you are interested, call us at (+34) 6220.127.116.11 or send an email: